1. Tell us about your background and what made you gravitate towards the private markets?
I have been in the financial services area for 30 years as both an advisor and wholesaler, originally from Toronto. I gravitated towards private markets to diversify my client’s portfolios and their risk.
2. What are some of the biggest changes you have seen since you started?
My clients are happier, they are better able to weather the ups and downs of the stock market and they are learning to understand the importance of patience when it comes to investing.
3. What is the one thing you want someone unfamiliar with this space to know?
Private Equity is a game of patience and diligence which can be very rewarding to those able to exercise both.
4. What are your ‘go to’ features that you look for when completing KYP on a given product for suitability consideration?
a) Cost of Capital
(As most clients are in for the long haul, this is easily amortized over time)
(I rely a lot on my Dealer to choose good management and KYP)
c) Business Plan (Item 2)
(same as point b above)
Diversification among private equity is important, I like to spread it around.
5. Share something interesting about yourself that most people don’t know.
I have a bachelor’s degree in Science - Food and nutrition